Sun Xu’s Dogs + Singaporean Farts
A National University of Singapore (NUS) PRC Scholar posted a comment which basically said that 'there are more dogs than humans in Singapore'.
Poor…'representation' aside, as a Singaporean, I kinda agree.
- We're known to be fantastic followers. Best workers in the world. Sounds familiar?
- We can be riled up, but will settle down after a little scolding
- We often follow rules for the sake of it
- We want more and more entitlements, like we're dogs that can't live without its master
- We make noise, but become happy again with short term tasty treats (GST Rebates), which of course do little to address the fundamental issues.
- Singaporeans follow the governments recommendations fervently. Like a loyal dog following its master I suppose?
Interestingly enough, I could have made up that comment and I would just probably be given the 'hater' label.
Sun Xu though, for a scholar, is pretty damn ignorant about the situation he's in, considering how he's in a country that feels it's being undermined by foreigners, especially from China.
His behaviour also serves to highlight a fundamental problem with the PRC-Chinese. They don't seem to have any gratitude for benefits that have been quite literally 'bestowed' upon them.
Well, it's like someone not only giving you an opportunity, but also paying you for it, only to have you backstab your benefactor and then treating him like a dog, literally and figuratively.
These are the kinds of people that make me feel ashamed of having a Chinese ancestry. Not only ashamed, but also utterly disappointed, especially when you take all the fantastic contributions pre-communist China gave to the world into account.
But then, the world moves on and then I start feeling grateful that my grandparents left China for Singapore, that I'm born in a country that, while imperfect with many niggling flaws, is safe, generally courteous and most importantly, open.
I've met and known PRCs who are actually good people and share the same sentiment as us (presumably because they have a better upbringing, are humble and have morales). So, to the detestable PRCs, let me ask you a question: What have you done to cause the world to hate you as so? Why is it we don't really have problems with other immigrants except for you?
Article on InSing : NUS PRC scholar controversy continues
Oh and speaking of which. To that JC Principal that kicked out a student because of a kissing prank.
- One has to be smart to be naughty
- Get a life.
Oh dear. Seems like somebody called us farts.
Isn't it interesting how some people can call us a small red dot in a derogatory fashion and we're like…meh..wadeva….but once the PRC starts calling us dogs and farts, we get all angsty.